11. To create a fresh roku.com link account for a new user:
- Select ‘Create New Account’
- Enter the following credentials:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Password – verify the password after creating it
12. For your purchase transactions, you have to create a PIN
13. Choose a payment method and provide your credit card details
14. There will be a one-time charge for purchasing a channel
15. A choice of channels will be provided by the player – add the ones that you prefer
16. You can make credit card payments for the channels that you wish to purchase
17. During the Roku Setup, the streaming player gives you more than 1000 channels to view
18. Add and enjoy them from your streaming Roku player
19. After the device refreshes itself, all the new channels that you have chosen will be shown on your device
20. Login to roku.com/link for any further information
Setting up the Roku video streaming device using the Roku activation code (roku.com/link)
Connect your Roku Premiere, Express and Stick to watch your favorite streaming channels
What we have described here are comprehensive instructions to set up your Roku. The information provided below is suitable for every contemporary model that is present in the market today and could also apply to devices that we introduce in the future.
This is because some of the conventional models did not use the HDMI to obtain a video connection and transmit signals to the TV. But we can assure you that the following installation procedure should be acceptable to about 98% of the devices that have currently proliferated in the market. For models that are older, we recommend you to simply look for the type of video connection that is available on the Roku streamer (roku.com/link) and your TV.
Answer these before you set up your Roku:
Wired or Wireless internet: Roku’s prefers the wired connection for activation because it is faster. Besides, your neighbor’s wireless system would not interfere with yours! Also be aware that some Roku devices use a wired connection and some don’t.
The Roku Stick and Express usually use the wireless – so when you are setting these up, ignore the ‘wired’ part.
Here is what you have to gather for a wired connection:
- The Roku streaming device should be able to use the wired input
- Your Ethernet cable should have an active internet service
If you have the above, plug the cable into the socket and use the wired connection
What if you do not want to use a wired connection?
Use the wireless or ‘Wi-Fi’ instead. When you continue with your setup process, the device will display a list of networks that it has detected and allowed you to choose yours from it. Enter your password to the network (which it should, otherwise it would be ‘open’ to everyone and they can use it without your consent!)
Where is the source of your electrical power inlet?
Roku streaming devices use two types of power inputs. To activate your Roku TV all you have to do is plug into its main power and the inbuilt streaming system will automatically garner power.
- Streaming devices: If your wall transformer is not USB-supported and has a non-detachable cord, then it should be as follows:
- The transformer can be plugged into the electric socket in the wall
- The round tip of the cord can then be plugged into the input port on the device
- For streaming Stick and Express: These devices usually use the USB and the power cord and transformer are separate. Choose any of the following options to plug in:
- Use the transformer directly
- If there is a USB port on the TV, plug the cord into it
Here are some things that you should remember and relate to:
- A USB power adapter is also called transformer
- Transformer also called the TV end, the USB cable and the Roku Express and Stick
- The Roku Express end and USB cable
- The transformer or TV end of the Roku streaming stick and the Roku Express look alike. The other end is either right angled like an Express cable and instead of a pictured trapezoidal plug could have a round one
- Therefore, you can plug one end into a wall power adapter and the device end into the Roku Express or streaming stick
Use the Remote Control that comes along with the device to navigate channels and videos. You can use the buttons on your TV too – before that:
- Ensure that you have plugged your Roku Device into the TV or activated the Roku within your TV (if it is a part of your TV)
- Also, make sure that the port in your TV is meant for transmitting the videos from the device into the screen.
- Along with the device, you will receive a set of batteries, which you have to insert into the back of the remote.
- Open the small door and as you insert the batteries, check for the polarity (‘+’ and ‘-‘signs) to place them correctly.
Once you connect your device, the Roku logo will appear on the TV screen. If the logo is not displayed then you may want to check the following:
- If you have plugged the player correctly into its electrical socket
- That the HDMI cable is secure on both ends of the TV and the device
- Your TV is compatible with the HDMI cable input
Pairing your remote is simple. Use the following steps:
- Open the battery door (at the back of the remote)
- You will see a button at the bottom
- Express and TV:
- Press and hold the button down for about 3 seconds as you aim it at the player
- Streaming Stick
- Regular remotes use invisible beams of infra-red light to communicate with the devices. But because the streaming stick is invariably located behind the TV and out of sight, radio signals are used for communicating commands. This way the remote does not have to be aimed at the device
After you have selected your preferred language, the names of all the wireless networks available in your vicinity (including yours) will be displayed on your screen. You just have to select your network and enter its password.
- If you are successful, a green symbol is seen
- A Red ‘x’ is indicative of failure
- In this case, check if you have entered your password correctly. You may also want to know that passwords are case sensitive
The player automatically downloads any software updates that may be required. It may take several minutes before this is done. The player restarts once the update is completed. The Roku Activation Code will then be displayed on the screen. Go to Roku.com/link to create an account and enter this code to connect your player.
Roku’s customer service team is always ready to help you. Call our toll free for more information.
Different Types of Roku models
Using the Roku device after setting it up
The Roku player uses a computer or a TV to display its content. Besides this, you will also require a high-speed internet connection. Having gathered all the required hardware, you can follow the instructions provided in the Roku manual that comes along with the box.
Here is what Roku can do for you:
- Watch a wide range of free channels with choices of subscription
- See your content in 1080p HD streams
- Settings and options can be configured with the remote
- You can use either the wired or wireless network to stream your videos and movies
- Activate private listening with your headphones attached to the remote
- Reduce loud noises and enhance soft noises with the night listening mode
You may also like the following models of the Roku:
- Roku (1-4)
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
Valuable Tip: Use a high-speed internet to get the best out of your Roku player.
All about the Roku
Stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and channels through the internet with the inimitable Roku player. Setting up the device is a breeze. But it is not uncommon to face issues with the process. Users find it most difficult to surpass the roku.com/link during the setup process.
Our website provides you with comprehensive information with regard to your device and its activation. We are committed to giving our users a good experience and make their Roku journey memorable. Understand your device thoroughly before you before you activate your streaming player. Watch HD video quality content and continuous streaming at the fraction of a cost. It might even cost you more to go to a movie theater. Instead, enjoy the latest movies and other high-quality entertainment in the comfort of your home.
For any issues related to Roku, please visit the site https://www.setuproku.com