Amazon Alexa is all set to manage your Roku streaming players and take your television experience to another level. Alexa Roku skill will help you to manage the Roku streaming player and you just have to command Alexa like “Alexa, launch Netflix on Roku”. Whether you use a Roku TV or streaming player, Alexa Roku skill is available in most of the devices that are launched recently.
Roku devices in which using Alexa skill is possible
- All Roku TV models
- Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X)
- Roku 2 (4210X)
- Express+ (3710X, 3910X)
- Roku 3 (4200X, 4230X)
- Express (3700X, 3900X)
- Roku 4 (4400X)
- Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X)
- Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X)
- Roku Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X)
- Roku Ultra (4640X, 4660X, 4661X)
Moreover, you need to enable Fast TV Start on your Roku TV and also ensure that you have an HDTV antenna linked your Roku TV to utilize Alexa voice commands.
Things to Remember
- You cannot use Alexa Roku skill outside the United States and remember that you need to use
- You cannot access or open Netflix using the Alexa Roku skill
- Though 100+ channels can be controlled using Alexa Roku skill, you should wait for a long time to get the entire library included in the list
Requirements to use Alexa Roku skill
- Ensure that your Roku streaming player has the most recent (Roku OS 8.1) or later version and moreover, you can check the software version by tapping Settings > System > About
- Roku account(Roku com link)
- Make sure the devices you use, such as Amazon Echo and Roku is compatible
Integrating Alexa and Roku streaming player
- Download Alexa mobile app in your iOS or Android mobile device
- Launch the Alexa app on your mobile device and click the Menu icon followed by tapping Skills & Games
- Use the Search bar to find Roku and sign in to your Roku account after clicking “Enable Skill”
- The Device Discovery screen will appear in the Alexa app and remember that you need to keep the Roku devices turned on during this process
- Click Manage and Link Devices to commence linking Alexa and Roku devices
- Add the Roku device to a group after linking to the Devices icon on Alexa app and tap on an existing group or generate a new group
How to control TV with Alexa Roku?
As said earlier, you need to enable Fast TV Start and hear podcasts, music, and radio on music channels. You can enable the Fast TV Start by clicking Settings > System> Power and Fast TV Start.
If you have any further queries about Alexa Roku, then call us right away at our toll-free number +1-855-729-8080