What is Google Play?
Google Play is one of the most happening podcast applications available for music lovers. Why people prefer using this over other music apps? Simply because it is compatible with most other environments. For instance, you can add songs to your Google play library from your phone. Subsequently, the changes reflect on every other device which has the same Google play music account. Apart from this, there are other user-friendly features that make this application the top pick.
Why should you choose this application over others?
- The Google play music app is easy to use both for adding or browsing new songs and also for streaming online content.
- It has a database of over 40 million songs which are present in various genres and languages.
- As a free account, you can store up to 50,000 songs from your personal music database.
- The application is compatible across multiple platforms and hence the music is absolutely portable.
- Not only this, but you can also listen to local and international radio stations which are customizable.
- You can play your music on multiple devices non-concurrently with an upper limit of 10 devices.
- The app supports many file formats which include MP3, FLAC, WMA, Ogg, and ALAC.
- A wide variety of on-demand content which you may not find on any other music platform.
- Google Play Music categorizes your content into menus that make navigation easy and less time-consuming.
- These menu options are Playlists, Artists, Stations, Albums, Genres, and Songs.
Activating the Google Play Music on Roku
Using the Roku mobile app
You must know that there is no direct app in the Roku platform to activate Google Play Music on Roku. Instead, you will have to download and install the Roku mobile app to cast music files to your TV. But before that, you need to have the Google Play Music app on your mobile device.Before you download and install the app, make sure you have an active Roku com link account
Add songs from your personal library to this app. Subsequently, you can download the Roku app if you don’t already have it installed. There is an option, Play on Roku, under which you must choose the Music menu. You can now easily share music on your phone to your TV.
Using the Screen mirroring feature
Alternatively, you can also use the screen mirroring feature in Roku to enable the Google app on your TV screen. However, your mobile device must support this feature. On your Roku device, navigate through the settings menu and zero-in on the screen mirroring option. Here, select the Enable Screen mirroring option to watch the magic unfold on your TV.
But before that, you must also enable the screen mirroring feature on your smartphone. The steps for this will vary according to your mobile device manufacturer.
More updates are available on Roku com link