The Most Effective Method To Setup Smart DNS On Roku
You will be provided with new DNS settings when you register for an account with a Smart DNS service. They will need to be configured on your router instead, as the DNS settings cannot be changed on the Roku player. Although the exact steps may vary depending on your router model, a general guide for doing Setup Smart DNS On Roku so can be found below:
- Disconnect the internet from your Roku device
- Open your router administration page using an Internet-enabled device or your computer on the network. Consult your router’s user manual if any of the following do not work:
- Type in to enter your username and password. If you are unsure of your login credentials, you may need to consult your manual.
To change DNS settings you must find the option:
- You will often find it under ‘Network Settings’
- Some settings will be provided to you by your Smart DNS provider, which you have to enter here
- To save your settings click on ‘OK’ and then ‘Confirm’ or ‘save’.
- Before continuing, restart your router
Register the IP Address with the Smart DNS provider:
- In this step, you can accomplish the registration by signing in to your client area from any device that is connected to your router.
- Go to Roku com link and click on the activation tab or link.
Note: Sometimes you have to add the address manually
- Use a computer or tablet because your Roku is still disconnected from your network
- To know your IP address you just have to enter “my IP address” at Google
- Write the number displayed on the screen
Now on your Smart DNS service’s website:
- Read the instructions carefully for adding the IP address to their database (this is also called “whitelist”)
- You Roku player will be included in this White List along with other devices on the same network
Once the Smart DNS service is ready to use:
Make sure the region is set to USA and then proceed to Sign in to your account
New Roku Activation Account creation:
In the next step, you will create a new US Roku com link account: This can be completed from any device that uses the Smart DNS technology
Note: The Smart DNS registration works only in the US region
- Atroku.com, click on the ‘ Sign In ‘ link
- Select ‘Create Account’ and when asked for country press ‘USA’
- You have to type the email address, password, and PIN that authorizes the Roku Store Purchases
- Enter the details of your credit card
Do not use your real city or postcode instead use the real street address associated with the credit card
To know more about Setup Smart DNS on Roku, Visit Roku com link website
Completing the Roku Activation Setup:
- Restart your Roku device. You must do a factory reset if your Roku has been already set up with another account
- Go to ‘ Settings ‘ and then select ‘ Factory Reset’
- Follow instructions seen on the screen.
- Provide the code at Roku com link enter code to activate the device.
- You can sign in using your new US Account once it has been reset
Download US apps and gain access the US content libraries on global apps successfully. Visit https://www.setuproku.com for further queries. Contact us on our toll-free number +1-805-322-1700 for more information.