Roku Streaming Stick – Roku Account Setup
The Roku Streaming Stick comes with an enhanced ‘point anywhere’ remote and supports resolutions up to 1080p Full HD.
Note: The purple streaming stick is replaced by the more advanced black one which is faster. But some of the Roku account setup process is the same for both the models.
If the streaming stick works with any TV:
The Roku Stick works with any TV that has an HDMI port. Connect the device directly to the TV’s HDMI port. If the device does not fit, then use the free HDMI extender cable that you get with the box to complete the Roku account setup.
Note: You can also download the Quick Start Guide to complete your Roku account setup. If you do not see the video on your TV from the Roku Stick player or if you feel you are facing problems with your remote, then you may require further help.
Guided Roku Account Setup:
- First, select a language that you prefer:
- Powering on the Roku Streaming Stick will let you choose a language in the first screen
- Going further, the dialogs, texts, and other prompts will be displayed in the language that you have selected
Note: Some channels may not support your chosen language and so the responsibility of translating the channel lies with the channel publisher.
The Roku Streaming Stick connection to the Internet:
- From the list of networks, choose your wireless network
- Now, enter your password
- To connect your computer or smartphone to the Internet, this is more often the same network that you use.
- Choose Show password, if you want to see your password as you type (this will prevent you from entering the wrong passphrase)
- Select ‘Connect’ once you have entered your password
- The Roku Stick will be connected to the network automatically
Note: If you are unable to connect to your wireless network, get more help
- The latest software will be downloaded by the stick – you may have to wait for a few seconds till this completes
- Roku Streaming Stick will download the newest Roku OS software version and then reboot once connected to the Internet
- Now, activate your Roku Streaming Stick and create a Roku com link account setup:
- The player must be linked to a Roku account in order to be activated.
- The Roku devices you own will be tracked by your Roku account
- Add free and purchase channels with your Roku account setup from the Roku Channel Store
- On your TV, the instructions for activating your Roku Streaming Stick will be displayed and an activation code will pop up
- On your computer or smartphone, visit Roku com link
- Enter your code and activate your Roku Streaming Stick by following the given instructions
Note: Setup Your Roku Streaming Stick to watch your Favorite Programmes