How To Setup Your Roku
So, you found yourself buying the best streaming device and unable contain your excitement, you can’t wait to start streaming on the go! However, there are few steps that will have to be completed first to get the device in operation mode. We understand the difficulties that you may face with initial installation stage, where you look forward to getting advice or help in setting up your Roku devices for the very first time.
Get the Player connected to TV
The HDMI port is required for the Roku devices to be connected to the TV set. If you are wondering which cable to choose, we would advise you to opt for High-speed HDMI Cable.
How would you connect the Player?Connect the player using the HDMI cables and the composite cables, and also by using the ethernet cables. The Batteries shall be used in the remote-control slot, after ensuring the cable is connected to an electric socket. Many users don’t understand that the correct TV output has to be used for connection, post which a logo shall appear, signifying that the connection process is successful.
Make sure you follow these steps:
- A language selection shall be essential as you will need to understand the activation instructions on the screen. Choose a language which you are comfortable with.
- For activation, you will have to connect the device to internet from the list of available networks. Keep the network credentials ready. Choose the network and sign in with your password. After correct input, select sign in option.
- It is mandatory that once the device is connected to the internet for the first time, it will automatically download the update available. Ensure that this download happens, as updated software presents smooth viewing experience.
- Create an individual account like a compilation of all your preferences which will help Roku to present customized channels in their feed. This account has to be activated, by linking to your device.
- The activation process is completed through linking the player to the TV. When the TV is connected, a special code is flashed. This code will have to be copied on the browser, which ultimately links the TV to your device. The account also keeps tracks of all the devices you use for streaming.
- Channel addition is done from the Channel store. You may select channels based on your favorite actors or movies or genre. The added channels are stored in your account.
Users must understand the relevance of the channel store. Channel store is very similar to installing apps from the apple store. You will find these channels as apps, which might be a combination of both free and paid versions. Whether you are looking for Movies, TV shows or Music playlists, news, sports, weather, education, shopping, religion, travel, education or shopping, Channel store has it all under its roof.